Main services of the Film Office Film Industry and the Ionian Islands
Film industry is a dynamic sector of the global economy which Greece and more specifically the Region of Ionian Islands aspires to develop. Film tourism is an alternative form of tourism, falling into the category of cultural tourism, which is one of the fastest growing sectors of tourism industry.
The Ionian Islands exhibit all the exceptional features, such as unique locations, modern infrastructure, remarkable cultural asset.
These enable them to become a pole of attraction for the production of films throughout the year and emerge as an important filming destination, besides already being a dynamic and well known tourism and culture destination.
The Film Office acts as a mediator between the Region of the Ionian Islands and the domestic and international film industry, providing a wide range of services in order to attract and facilitate filmmakers as well as boosting the Ionian Islands’ international appeal.
- reliable and effective information regarding the national and regional policy towards filming and audiovisual productions,
- promoting and highlighting the Region’s competitive advantages in touristic, cultural and entertainment locations and services,
- information on administrative processes, advice on finding sets, crew and facilities, by means of two main tools: the Production Guide and the Location Guide,
- facilitating the interaction between the interested production companies and the national and local stakeholders of the Ionian Islands Region,
- help in procedures requiring decisions and permits from the public administration or government agencies.